This just dropped onto my desk this afternoon.
Good read and packed with interesting bits, look out for the “Well fancy that” boxes. Dom’s writing style makes things simple and clear. Another must have weighty tome for the whisky lover’s bookshelf.
News has reached me that the new version of the excellent Malt Whisky Yearbook is due to publish, the 2011 edition is expected on October 8th. Here is a sneak preview of the front cover and what’s inside:
- The Distillery Section completely revised with all the latest news
- The chapter on Foreign Distilleries now bigger than ever
- New exciting articles by distinguished writers such as Charles MacLean, Ian Buxton, Gavin D Smith, Ian Wisniewski, Dominic Roskrow and Hans Offringa.
- Completely new Japanese chapter by Chris Bunting.
- More than 100 new tasting notes (a total of 250), including also Japanese malts.
- A detailed and updated chapter on Whisky Production
- Expanded section on Independent Bottlers
- Last year’s success, Meet the Manager, continues with ten new interviews
- The Whisky Year That Was – the most comprehensive summary you’ll find of the news and trends in the industry
- All the latest info on bottlings, web sites, whisky shops, books as well as the latest statistics and figures
All in all, this has the makings one of the must read books of the year. Nice work Ingvar.
Filed under books, whisky